Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Picture Parade!

Hello Friends and Family! The Payne Family hopes you all had a wonderful Easter! We sure did! Mostly. LOL! Yesterday afternoon I started coming down with a cold so I've felt pretty crummy. I just keep reminding myself that Mom always made sure we were well taken care of and were creating wonderful memories at times like these whether she felt crummy or not. I can't remember her ever complaining or even letting out a faint sigh (although I'm sure she did when we couldn't hear her) so I decided to just buck up and get on with it. I've always said that if I could be half as good of a mother as my mom then I'd be pretty darn good at it. So I'm hoping my children didn't hear me sigh at all today. :o)

I've got about 30 pictures to share with you so sit down, relax and enjoy the show. :o) I'm going to just give them all to you in the order in which I took them. The first ones are from coloring eggs at Oma's house yesterday morning. I wasn't sure how Kaden was going to do with this since he's not quite 2 yet. I had nothing to worry about! He LOVED every minute of it! And so did Kalyssa!

You'll have to forgive me for adding in some shots that don't have any kids in it. I'm learning how to use my camera and playing with Adobe Lightroom so you get to see all of my favorites. Even sans children. LOL!
This is Kalyssa's hand ...
And this one is Kaden's hand. There's no better way to get the egg out of the cup then to just reach in and grab it! LOL!
And then we got out some Crayola Paint Pens. We weren't sure how they were going to work with the eggs. They worked really well as long as the egg was dry. Kaden and Kalyssa both intently focused on "painting" their eggs!

And here they are! Ta Dah!
Oh yes ... we had to add some hats and sticker faces to some. I think the stickers would have stuck better if we had waited for them to dry longer. Still ... lots of fun!
And here we are on Easter morning. KC took Kalyssa to church. One of the churches we go to rented out the arena near our house and packed it FULL of 6000 people! I really wish I could have gone but I was feeling really sluggish and Kaden has had a runny/stuffy nose so he and I stayed home. The Easter bunny stopped by while KC and Kalyssa were gone though. After we had lunch we went out and gathered the eggs. Again, we weren't sure if Kaden was going to "get it" or not. He got the idea immediately! I had SO much fun watching them and capturing it all on "film."
Who needs and Easter Basket when you have these???
If my children grow up to be wacky individuals then you'll know where they got it from! LOL!
And the kids totally love their wacky daddy!
I'm reading into photography a little bit (only a little bit since I don't have much time) and one of the chapters I read recently was about photographing flowers. Here's my first try at it since reading that chapter.
I knew KC could juggle but I didn't know Kaden knew how too. LOL!
"Whoa!"

There's that silly Daddy again!

Okay ... this has got to be my favorite picture of the weekend! I'm going to use this someday to prove to my children that once upon a time they really did love each other! Aren't they sweet? They do this all the time!

See ... they really do love that wacky daddy of theirs. :o) I do too!

So there you have it! That's our weekend! I'll have a ton of pictures next weekend too. I don't know when I'll get them posted but keep an eye out for them! They're going to be awesome! :o)

Blessings to all!
KC, Shari, Kalyssa & Kaden

No comments: