Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Uh Oh!

My poor little baby! I guess it's a good thing that "chicks love scars" because this one just might stick around for awhile, although I'm sure it'll fade considerably over time. Before you say, "What in the world did you do to that precious little boy?" I will tell you that I had NOTHING to do with it! :o) I was standing about 2 feet away though. Okay, so here's what happened. My "desk" is actually my kitchen counter. I had an office/craft room a while back but it was closed and locked almost all the time. It has since become a playroom and it works wonderfully. Anyway, now I have a laptop on my kitchen counter and this is where I do all of my "scrapping." Digitally, of course. The cats like to sleep on my "office" chair when I'm not in it. On this day it was Symba's turn to catch a few "z's" in my chair. Kaden was being ever so sweet (as he always is with the cats - really, he is!) and petting Symba nicely. Symba decided that he had had enough and tried to step up onto the counter next to my laptop where I had some papers lying. He went slipping a sliding and fell, claws first, into my sweet, adorable child's face. Oh my, you should have seen the blood! This picture is after I stopped the bleeding and cleaned him up. Thankfully though, we've been pouring the Neosporin on him a couple of times a day and it's healing quickly. I still think there will be a mark there for quite awhile though. And we were getting ready to schedule the kids for a portrait session. I guess that'll have to wait a week or two.
I'm sure you all remember me mentioning that my children are quite silly and like me to take their pictures while they are being silly. Well here is the latest silliness. Kalyssa came out of her room with her dress on backwards and three, yes, THREE hats on her head! The way she was strutting around you'd think she was a diva! LOL! Of course, the camera came right out! What kind of scrapbooking mom would I be if it didn't? Huh?
Today is Wednesday, Kalyssa's favorite day. Every Wednesday morning she wakes up and says, "today is Wednesday! I get to go to gymnastics and Mema's coming!" (Mema is KC's mom, just in case you didn't already know that.) Today at gymnastics they did testing. She actually got to go to two classes in a row today because she missed last week (Kaden was sick.) She did really well in the first class and even better in the second, more advanced class! I was really proud of her today!
And then we picked up some chicken nuggets at Wendy's for the kids to share. Usually there isn't a very big mess at all. But today Kaden decided it would be loads of fun to rub his plate with the ranch dressing all over his face and head! Ugh!
And any scrapbooking mommy would be a proud scrapbooking mommy if their daughter felt the need to take pictures of bathtime! Especially if the child being photographed obliges so nicely!
And my sweet little boy said "bubble bath" in the sweetest little baby voice ever for the first time today! It was even completely understandable. At least I think so. But then again, I am the mommy who listens to him talk all day long so maybe I just understand his completely un-understandable gibberish too well. LOL! Here he is "blowing" bubbles. He's so cute I tell ya!

So how am I doing? Am I keeping you thoroughly up to date with this new blog? I'm trying!
Love,
KC, Shari, Kalyssa and Kaden
PS: I've been told that some people have been unable to post comments. I like comments (and haven't gotten any yet) so hopefully I was able to fix it. Please let me know if you have trouble leaving comments so I can keep trying to fix it. Thanks!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Poor little guy!! Vitamin E oil works great for facial scars, but you have to wait until the scratch is healed.